Xbox X/S, PS5, PC, Switch
- Wrote Unreal 4 Python tools to audit assets. Finding assets not set up correctly, out of spec, duplicate, not in source art....
- Presented several reports related to performance and content standards.
- Created Unreal 4 blueprints to aid in the environment art propagation.
- Optimized world collision, and refined collision standards.
- Created and modified vegetation shaders. Presented pros and cons of solutions.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Sr. Tech Artist
Xbox One, PS4, PC
- Memory management. Set up budgets for all departments policed and enforced memory budgets.
- Kept track of size on disk. Profiled content, and found missing assets, and assets that were included by error.
- Environment art, policed assets, reviewed finished assets and ensured they were sticking to their guidelines.
- PIX performance profiling.
- Established fire-spreading performance guidelines.
- GPU Cloth System (New system), wrote tools so that art would work with tech.
- Tree System (New system), wrote tools so that art would work with tech.
- Wind (New system), flushed out workflow, did initial pass on all levels and times of the day.
- Wrote Tool to convert mesh to new Heightfield Terrain tools.
- Wrote tools to automate animated cube map creation.
- Pre-computed volume meshes, Wrote a tool to make optimized shadow volume meshes in 3ds Max for use in the game.
- Maxscripts, PhotoShop Scripts and Actions, Python Tools, C# Tools, Maya Mel.
- Wrote tools to automate and ID assets that were out of budget / Guidelines. C# Asset View scripts.
- Helping others with lots of internal tools, troubleshooting, on loading of new employees.
- Helped character art with new shippable LOD numbers, and then helped police assets.
- Created PC Benchmark Level. Level layout, Character and FX placement, and Camera animation.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Sr. Tech Artist, World Art
Xbox One, PS4, PC
- Vegetation System, flushed out the workflow.
- GPU particle system, flushed out workflow, created all the insect GPU particles, and some of the weather ones.
- Native Life system, flushed out the workflow. Placed all Fx and Markers. (Bugs, Rats, Spiders, Birds, Bats.)
- Weather Systems, some workflow, and most of the placement, rain / wet look, wind. Puddle cube map creation.
- Some environment art asset creation.
- Prototyped custom shadow geo workflow for huge draw call wins, also made it so that shadow geo would do additional culling. Did most of the implementation.
- Performance profiling, with PIX.
- Last Gen PS3 and Xbox 360, before the studio decided to hand off the last-gen ports, I set LOD limits and distances, scaled back, and turned off systems to get the game working on these last-gen platforms.
- Memory monitoring, mostly Level and Lighting content.
- Some shader creation.
- Created PC Benchmark Level. Level layout, Character, FX placement, and Camera animation.
Guardians of Middle-earth
Sr. Tech Artist, Environment Art
Xbox Arcade, PSN, PC
- Level design, prop, and texture creation.
- Halfway through this project made the switch to tech art. Wrote multiple tools to assist world construction.
- Worked with engineers on a new vegetation system.
- Helped make the game performant.
Gotham City Impostors
Xbox Arcade, PSN, PC
- Environment and vehicle outsourcing manager.
- Level concept design, level propagation.
- Gameplay prop modeling rigging and texturing.
Xbox 360, PS3, PC
- Asset creation, level propagation.
- Shader creation using their node-based software.
- 3ds max tools scripting.
- Came up with a cheap shader-based solution for environment art cloth simulations.
- Created a vast orc army using animated shaders and particle Fx. Modeled and rigged gameplay turrets.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Xbox 360, PS3, PC
- Level propagation, and environmental storytelling.
- Created props and textures.
- First pass lighting.
- Towards the end was responsible for optimizing about half the single-player levels and most of the multiplayer levels.
- DLCs Reborn and Armored Front contributed to level design, level propagation, sky box creation, and some Fx and was credited as a technical artist.
©2021 by Polyleaf. All Monolith content © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Multiple projects, both inward facing that were used to train troops, and outward facing used to entertain and recruit. Art management, environment art, level design, Fx, and vehicle rigging. Used Unreal Engine 2.5 and 3.0.
Future Force Company Commander
Lead Artist, Level Design, FX
Serious game, and sales tool used to get buy into DARPA and other next gen warfare systems. Artist management, Fx, vehicle rigging, map design, and environment art. Used Gamebryo engine, with the Mad Doc Software tools.
CQC - Close Quarters Conflict
Level design, and art management. Used Unreal Engine 2.5.
World War II Combat: Iwo Jima
Budget title, four months from concept to gold master. Fun fact this tile changed name and location midway into production to align with the release of Clint Eastwood's Iwo Jima film. Scheduled and assigned art, environment art. Used Unreal Engine 2.5.
World War II Combat: Road to Berlin
Budget title, four months from concept to gold master. Scheduled and assigned art, environment art. Used Unreal Engine 2.5.
Combat: Task Force 121
Lead Artist, Level Design
Budget title, four months from concept to gold master. Scheduled and assigned art, modeled weapons, environment art, level design. Used Unreal Engine 2.5.
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
Lead Artist , FX, Level Design
Started off doing environment art and was quickly promoted to lead artist, did about a third of the fx, and designed some multiplayer levels. Used Unreal Engine 2.5.